Well, you can go to Brooklyn Flea today, in Williamsburg. Or put on your raincoat and ride a ferry up and down the East River. Or, have brunch. Head to the Brooklyn Museum for the latest in their Raw/Cooked series to see the work of Sunset Park artist Ulrike Müller.
Or, if you have kids, take them to a Brooklyn museum:
- Is your child interested in trains? Then head for the NY Transit Museum in Downtown Brooklyn.
- Or, to see totem poles and masks from Africa, visit the Brooklyn Museum.
- Younger children can have a hands-on learning experience at the Brooklyn Children's Museum.
- Is your child a baseball fan? Is he or she interested in the Underground Railroad during the US Civil War? See what the Brooklyn Historical Society is showing in its exhibition space.
- Does your family discuss civil rights, slavery and the black experience? Visit tiny MoCADA, The Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts.
- Are you interested in things Jewish? See the Jewish Children's Museum.