Who said Halloween could be cancelled? Not in Brooklyn! For instance, Little Things, Park Slope's oldest toy store, reports that costume sales are going gangbusters today.
(NEWS FLASH: NYC WILL RESCHEDULE GREENWICH VILLAGE HALLOWEEN PARADE IN MANHATTAN SOMETIME NEXT WEEK. STAY TUNED)
Here are a few BOOklyn things happening, we will post if we hear about more scheduled events. Meanwhile, note that the Brooklyn Children's Museum and the Brooklyn Museum are both open, though without any particular Halloween events happening. Public libraries and parks still closed.
- Clinton Hill Halloween Walk. (At least, we think it's on; have not been able to confirm but "on" is being reported by Fort Greene Patch.)
- Cobble Hill Halloween Parade. (They need a crew of volunteers to help set up at 2:30 PM and then another group of volunteers to help clean up at 8:30PM after the parade.)
- DITMAS/MIDWOOD. A tiny neighborhood parade (one block long) followed by daylight-hours-only trick or treating. Small, local, best for little kids.
- PARK SLOPE Trick or Treating.Limited trick or treating begins with storekeepers on 7th Avenue and 5th Avenues offering treats, starting at 3 PM. No parade.
- WILLIAMSBURG Witches Walk & Halloween Parade and also Special Halloween Haunted "Open Play" for 2-12 year olds at The Gym Park
See link above for details