Thursday, Nov. 8:
- Driving: Gas rationing established by emergency order of the Mayor.
- Trains: Service resumes on L and G trains to Manhattan. Full service between Canarsie - Rockaway Parkway and 8th Ave resumed. So Williamsburg and Greenpoint are reconnected!
- Tunnels: The dear old Hugh L. Carey (formerly Brooklyn-Battery) which was, in the MTA's words, "overcome by tidal surges" during Hurricane Sandy remains closed. The tunnel was flooded roadway to ceiling with more than 90-million gallons of water. Better news if you want to go to Queens: Queens Midtown Tunnel, which was flooded from roadway to ceiling following Hurricane Sandy, will reopen to passenger vehicles only in time for Friday morning's rush hour.
- Bus service: operating on a regular weekday schedule.
- Weekend: Some service may be delayed or detoured due to downed trees and wires caused by yesterday's Nor'easter.
- Access-a-Ride: regular service in all five NYC boroughs.
- Long Island Rail Road: operating on a modified schedule on all branches except the Long Beach Branch.