In Bay Ridge, you can find two specialty Irish import stores. Both stores sell kilts, tams and other traditional Irish clothing. You'll also find traditional Irish holiday items for everything from St. Patrick's Day to Easter to Christmas. Between these two stores you can get gifts and stock up on imported goods such as:
- Celtic jewelry and traditional Claddagh rings
- Irish crystal
- Aran sweaters and hats, traditional clothing for men, women and children
- Imported Irish and English chocolate and cookies
- Speciality and seasonal Irish foods, both canned and frozen
And, you can purchase these imports at prices that would make Bloomingdale's shoppers blush a deep shade ... of shamrock green.
Here are Brooklyn's best Irish import stores:1. Village Irish Imports
- Where: 8508 3rd Ave. near 85th Street, Bay Ridge
- Hours: Daily, 10:30 a.m.–6 p.m.; closed Sundays.
- Contact: (718) 238-2582
- Official Website: www.irishgiftstoyou.com.
- Where: 8905 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn, near 89th Street, Bay Ridge
- Hours: Daily, 10:30 a.m.–6 p.m. ; closed Sundays.
- Contact: (718) 238-3355
- Official Website: http://www.celticrosetearoom.com
If you can't make it to Bay Ridge, you may order online from Celtic Rose.