It's in New York!(How to walk the Brooklyn Bridge: Detailed Directions)
- The Brooklyn Bridge is in New York City, in the State of New York, in the USA.
- The Brooklyn Bridge connects two of New York City's five boroughs: Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- It spans the East River. (Manhattan is an island. The East River is one one of two rivers flanking the island of Manhattan. The Hudson River flanks the west side.)
Where, Exactly, in New York is the Brooklyn Bridge?
- The Brooklyn Bridge, on the Brooklyn side, is in two adjacent neighborhoods. One is called Downtown Brooklyn. The other is called DUMBO. There are two entrances to the Brooklyn Bridge, one in each neighborhood.
- The Brooklyn Bridge, the Manhattan side, is in Lower Manhattan, on the east side of the Island of Manhattan.
- The Brooklyn Bridge is the southernmost of the bridges connecting Manhattan and Brooklyn. (Others include the Manhattan Bridge and the Williamsburg Bridge.)
Where, in New York is the Brooklyn Bridge NOT?
- The Brooklyn Bridge is very close to, and is visible from, but it is not in, the neighborhood called Brooklyn Heights.
- It is not in the neighborhood called Williamsburg.
- It is not in Park Slope.
- It is not in Coney Island (though a facsimile of it is in Las Vegas, Nevada!)
- It is most certainly not in the boroughs of Bronx, Staten Island or Queens.
Where is the Brooklyn Bridge in Terms of Nearest Subways?
- The Brooklyn Bridge, on the Manhattan side, is near City Hall. The nearest subway station is >City Hall Station.
- The Brooklyn Bridge, on the Brooklyn side, is near A or C subway to the High Street station in Brooklyn. Slightly further but with more frequently running trains is the number 2 and 3 subways at Clark Street Station.
Where is it in Terms of Longitude and Latitude?
You cannot sail to the Brooklyn Bridge, but you can sail under it.
- Latitude: 40° 42' 19"
- Longitude -73° 59' 46"
More Brooklyn Bridge Info
- 10 Do's and Don'ts of Walking Across the Brooklyn Bridge
- Best Places to Take Photos on the Brooklyn Bridge
- What's the Most Scenic Way to Walk the Brooklyn Bridge, Starting from Manhattan or from Brooklyn?
- A Visitors Guide to Brooklyn, NY
- Jogging or Running Across the Brooklyn Bridge
- Directions for Driving Across the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan to DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights