The official hackathon aims to harness the tech creativity in the Big Apple with the goal of going greener. The goal is to create "digital tools and apps that encourage a greener, greater New York."
Partners in this effort include NYU-Poly and Brooklyn Beta, Reinvent Green, a joint initiative of NYC Digital and the Mayor’s Office of Long-term Planning and Sustainability.
How to Get Involved
Space is limited. Applications accepted through Sunday, June 17 2012.
- Hackathon Dates: June 30- July 1, 2012
- < Location: NYU-Poly, Six MetroTech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of the weekend in a variety of categories. Four of the five prizes will be determined by a panel of judges that includes:
- Charles Adler, co-founder of Kickstarter
- Jenny Ahmed, founder of Pia Car
- Ron Gonen, Deputy Commissioner of Sanitation, Recycling and Sustainability, NYC Department of Sanitation
- Cas Holloway, Deputy Mayor for Operations for the City of New York
- Micah Kotch, director of Incubator of Initiatives, NYU-Poly
- Jessica Lawrence, managing director of New York Tech Meetup
Learn more, get the official schedule.