SUNDAY BRUNCH OUTDOORS: GRAZING AT THE "FOOD TRUCK RALLY"Park Slope's Food Truck Rally, at the entrance to Prospect Park at Grand Army Plaza, is a wonderful seasonal outing for a Sunday in the city.
The food's good. There's often live music. And what could be more entertaining than watching hungry New Yorkers chow down?
Since about 2010, food trucks have become a fun feature of Brooklyn's love affair with locally produced, small-batched, "artisanal" food. One of the biggest "food truck rallies" happens in Prospect Park's Grand Army Plaza once a month for five months out of the year.
If you like food and want to see what Brooklyn's up to these days, check it out. Note: No alcohol is served.
WHEN & WHERE IS BROOKLYN'S GRAND ARMY PLAZA FOOD TRUCK RALLY?
When: Third Sundays, June – October, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where: Grand Army Plaza, at the entrance to Prospect Park, between the neighborhoods of Prospect Heights, Park Slope and Crown Heights, near the 2,3,B,Q trains.
- DIRECTIONS TO THE FOOD TRUCK RALLY IN GRAND ARMY PLAZA.
- WHERE TO GO AFTER THE FOOD TRUCK RALLY? 9 Fun Places Near the Grand Army Food Truck Rally
WHAT KIND OF FOOD IS SOLD AT THE FOOD TRUCK RALLY? See the following pages to get an idea of the gourmet treats served up by the various food trucks you'll find in Prospect Park's Food Truck Rally at Grand Army Plaza. (Note: Not every vendor will be at every food truck rally; they rotate by month. And, Menus change. But in general you will find small batch, artisanal, organic or locally grown ingredients, cooked up in interesting recipes.
Who Should Go?:
- Families: The Grand Army Plaza Food Truck Rally is a family-friendly event.
- Friends: This event is a favorite meeting spot for friends. Nobody cares if you arrive late.
- Dates: It's a great destination for a casual date (and you'll have lots of time to get to know one another while snacking or waiting on line.
- Anyone: Above all, food truck rallies are just plain fun. A little pricey maybe? Yes. But fun.