GOURMET AMERICAN FOOD ON THE GO: ORGANIC BURGERS, GREAT FRIESYou'll find an amazing array of Gourmet Americana, including grilled cheese, grilled meats, and even Phil's Philly steaks.
- Frites'N'Meats - With the motto, "saving the world, one burger at a time," you can guess that the foods here are organic and the business has a larger mission than flipping burgers. A staple at the World Financial Center, this food truck specializes in grass-fed angus beef, American kobe, skirt steak on a variety of buns and with such fab cheese toppings as guacamole or crispy bacon, with killer french fries on the side.
- Gorilla Cheese NYC — Head here for sandwiches with combos of cheeses and meats (try the specialty smoked gouda with bbq pulled pork and onions or asiago, prosciutto di parma with aioli, or smoked mozzarella and marinara sauce on french bread. Or, go for a plain cheese sandwich!
ALSO DON'T MISS:
- Mike & Willie's — Try these tasty short ribs, lime chicken, and beer battered cod.
- Milk Truck — Playing up that old standard, the grilled cheese sandwich, here you can melt at the thought of aged Wisconsin Gruyere with champagne picked onions on Blue Ribbon Jewish rye, eggs, or bacon cheddar blue cheese combo.
- Morris Truck - Have a cherry cola or “milk of the poppy” along with your bean puree and pickled radish haloumi grilled cheese, or pastrami with blue cheese port butter and pickled onion. Delicate ones might try truffle butter and truffle cheese with a side of duck fat.
- Phil's Steaks— Billed as New York City's first authentic Philly cheesesteak truck — and proud of it.
- Schnitzel & Things - Veal schnitzel, pork, chicken and even cod schnitzel, along with barturst, and Austrian potato salad, roasted beet and feta salad are among the offerings here.