Both events are very family-friendly, offering lots of opportunities for outdoors fun, from a hilarious, adorable, silly dog costume contest to an intelligently designed haunted house, with varying levels of scariness for older and younger children. The first event runs for five hours, in the petite, volunteer-run Narrows Botanical Gardens. Halloween festivities, on Halloween day, run for eight hours, from 1 P.M. to 9 P.M. in the larger public park, the sprawling, 24-acre Owl's Head Park. Learn more about Bay Ridge
Annual Harvest Festival & Dog Costume Contest at Narrows Botanical Gardens.
The first Bay Ridge October event is the Annual Harvest Festival, which while set in the lovely Narrows Botanical Gardens, has an old-fashioned New England feel, complete with a pumpkin patch and kids crafts, not to mention square dancing.
Sunday October 13th, 2013. 12pm - 5pm. This yearly event features Artists and Crafters, a Canine Costume Contest, Pumpkin Patch and more. Find them on Facebook.
DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED: Creepy Halloween FUN in Owls Head Park
- Special events: Square dancers, a pumpkin patch, raffles, refreshments, crafts and the funny, adorable dog costume contest. (Get details about this and other Brooklyn Halloween doggie costume parades and contests here_
- Where: 7200 Shore Rd. between 72nd and 74th streets in Bay Ridge (718) 748-4810.
- The second Bay Ridge October event is timed for Halloween day itself, and it's located in Owl's Head Park, which is perfect for Halloween: it's large enough to be scary! The NYC Parks Department, describing this park, could be describing the perfect Halloween environment: "The spacious property contains rolling hills, peaceful, meandering pathways, and breathtaking views of the New York skyline and striking Verrazano Narrows Bridge."
- What: A Haunted Walk, Fairytale Forest, Halloween games, vendors, food & pony rides.
- Where: Owl’s Head Park at Colonial Road and 68th Street
- When: 3:30 to 9:30 PM on Wednesday, October 31
- Suggested Donation: $1
When: You can pick your times according to how scary you want the experience to be! Expect lines, this is hugely popular.
- Fairytale Forest: 1:30 till 3:45 P.M.. 4:15 till 6:30 P.M. Not scary!
- Haunted Walk Scary -2 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- Haunted Walk Scarier- 4:30 P.M. to 6 P.M.
- Haunted Walk Scariest- 7 P.M. to 8:30 P.M.