This Halloween, to Dress in an Occupy Brooklyn Costume: Be an Occu-PieBackground: Once upon a time, in a place called Zuccotti Park in Manhattan, which is the heart and hub of the Occupy Wall Street movement, the protesters got hungry one day in October, 2011. And what does NYC have aplenty? Pizzerias. Supporters from around the country were sending so much money to help out the encamped Occupy folks that one local pizzeria dubbed their pizzas "Occu=Pies." True story. (That pizza guy has gottabe a from Brooklyn!)
For a more serious social commentary, adapt this costume to an apple pie. Why? Because what's as American as apple pie? First Amendment rights. Thoughts on making a costume of Occu-Pie, Apple Pie costume
How to Make a Funny, Punny Political Halloween Costume: The Occu-Pie (Pizza Pie)1. Follow the directions below for making a pizza costume.* Basically you will be wearing two huge cardboard circles that are decorated.)
2. Decorate the cardboard so it looks like a full pizza pie.)
3. With scrawling handwriting, write the words "Occu...." on the costume.)
4. Or, wear a hat with an American flag tucked in it, or make a stove-pipe hat that looks like old fashioned "Uncle Sam" hats, and scrawl "Occu..." on your hat. )
5. Anybody who can read will put these two ideas together...Occu...and Pie. But give them a minute!
6. Alternative #1: Be a Pizza BOX, which might be easier. Go to your local pizzeria. Get a box. Cut it up and wear one side in front and the other side in back. Attach the front and back with string or tape. Decorate with the punny word "Occu..." as above.
Follow these directions for making a pizza costume.