THANKS TO THE UNWANTED ARRIVAL OF HURRICANE SANDY ON OCT 28-30, 2012, MANY VENUES ARE CLOSED. CONEY ISLAND HAS BEEN EVACUATED AND ALL THOSE EVENTS CANCELLED. BUT SOME PARADES WILL GO ON! SEE LINK BELOW.Boo! Halloween's huge in Brooklyn. It's a family affair. It's a time for kids to play and dress up and indulge their imagination and creativity. It's also a great time for adults, including hipsters, first dates, and locals who love just hangin' out, watching the festivities.
And, in Brooklyn, Halloween doesn't last a day. It spans almost a week.
Here are some of the spooky, goofy, Halloween-y things going on in Brooklyn:
- Halloween Parades -SOME STILL ON; UPDATED POST-HURRICANE SANDY from Park Slope to Williamsburg to Bay Ridge
- Halloween dog costume parades OVER
- Spooky haunted house walks including Prospect Park's Famous Haunted Walk OVER
In addition to parades, there are more family Halloween events ...
- "A-scarium at the Aquarium" 2012 CANCELLED DUE TO HURRICANE
- "Ghouls & Gourds" at Brooklyn Botanic Garden OVER
- Halloween in Coney Island 2012 CANCELLED DUE TO HURRICANE
- Costume contests 2012 CANCELLED DUE TO HURRICANE