For Brooklyn-style Easter fun with the kids, you can hunt for Easter eggs; play tug of war, and lots of other games. There will be at least ten programs going on, so you can do one, or several. Events run in various places from over the course of a few weeks. In 2014, the earliest Easter egg hunt is April 5. Easter Sunday is April 20, 2014. Pick your venue:
- the Brooklyn Children's Museum
- and even a rock climbing gym.
(Note: The 2014 calendar is a work in progress; let us know if you know of a fun event in your neighborhood.)
THRU APRIL 17, 2014: FABERGE EGG HUNT
THE Fabergé Big Egg Hunt” happening from 4/1—4/17 in all 5 boroughs.
SATURDAY April 12, 2014: Stories, Egg Hunt, Meet the Easter Bunny! Boulevard Books & Café in Dyker Heights
- Saturday April 12, 2014 at 11-12:30.
- Bring your own Easter basket and have a fun indoor hunt, and, of course, stories.
- Location: Boulevard Books and Cafe at 7518 13th Avenue, Dyker Heights, NY
Join in reading Easter themed stories with the Easter Bunny, do an Easter craft. After, each child will color their own Easter themed egg basket or bag. You can hunt, hunt, hunt for tons of candy filled eggs before settling down on the lap of the Easter Bunny for DIY photos.
SATURDAY April 12th, 2014: Kaiser Park in Coney Island
- Kaiser Park
- Saturday, April 12th, 2014
- 1 PM
- Ages 3—11
- Location: Neptune Avenue and West 27th Street
- Phone: (917) 873-9261
Yes, Coney Island! This park was not devastated by Hurricane Sandy in 2012. So the hunt goes on....
And, it's a relatively tame event, by Coney Island standards: the sponsor says, "children pick up as many Easter eggs as they can in an allotted period of time on the lawn at Kaiser Park. Prizes will be awarded."
Please bring your own Easter baskets!
The Easter Bunny plus one of the mascot characters from the Brooklyn Cyclones team will be there.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, April 19-20, 2014: Brooklyn Children’s Museum Eggs-Travaganza Easter Egg Hunt
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum
- 145 Brooklyn Ave at St Marks Avenue, Crown Heights
- (718) 735-4400 x127
Although it's not an Easter egg hunt, the adorable hands-on program called Egg-citing Eggs for the 5-and-under crowd invites them to create their own deliciously gooey sticky Easter egg with papier-mache. Two sessions, at 11:30 and 2:30.
SATURDAY April 19, 2014, Boerum Hill Brooklyn Boulders
- Brooklyn Boulders Indoors Easter Fun--
- Saturday, April 19. Check the website for time, to be announced. Advance registration required.
- 575 Degraw Street
- (347) 834-9066
Come to the largest climbing gym in NYC for one of the most unusual Easter egg hunts of your little one's life. Family-friendly Brooklyn Boulders is divided into interesting rooms and spaces where kids can hunt to their hearts' content. Admission fee is $10.
SATURDAY April 19, 2014: Greenpoint Easter Egg Hunt by Town Square
This local community nonprofit organization says, "the hunt will run as long as eggs last," (which sounds like a metaphor for life in the hipster haven of Greenpoint/Williamsburg). As many as 3,000 eggs might be hidden in the park! Families can also enjoy music and arts/craft activities. There will be a separate play area for babies and toddlers during the merry madness of the hunt.
- Saturday, April 19th, 2014
- 12-2 PM
- McGolrick Park , Greenpoint
- $10, with proceeds to be shared between Town Square and MS 126 Leo’s.
- Check the website to buy your tickets early.
SATURDAY April 19th, 2014: Easter Fun at "Stork" Store in Crown Heights
- 12 noon – 4PM
- Location: Stork, 726 Franklin Avenue #2, between Park & Sterling Places
- Phone: 718 313-0031.
- Website: http://www.stork-baby.com/ (event not listed)
Kids of all ages are welcome for an Easter egg hunt event at this cute kids' store. They promise tons of eggs hidden and goodies to match. Good for kids up to about 7. Bring your basket! Free. Receive 10% off your in-store clothing and shoe purchase. Discount excludes sale items. Participants are invited to Easter treats and candy at Stork’s neighbor, Lily & Fig, located across the street.
- 10 am
- Location: Pierrepont Playground (on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade), Columbia Heights and Pierrepont Street.
Buttoned-up Brooklyn Heights is punctual even about its Easter egg hunts. Get there early to make sure you are there for the start of a wild kiddie egg hunt. Enjoy a bake sale, meet local families, and enjoy the fabulous view of Manhattan. No admission fee.
SATURDAY April 19, 2014: 79th Precinct Easter Egg Festival
- Saturday, April 19, 9 am – 1 pm
- Von King Park at Lafayette and Marcy Avenues, Bedford Stuyvesant.
- Outdoor Easter fun for children 1-12 years old
11. DIY Easter Egg Hunts in Brooklyn's Parks
- All Weekend, No Schedule
- Head to Prospect Park, Fort Greene Park, Owl's Head Park or any other Brooklyn Park with your children, a bag of colored hardboiled eggs or candy-filled and make your own Easter egg hunt!
12. For Adults: An Easter ART Hunt at Brooklyn Museum
- There's no organized activity, but adults might find it interesting to search the Museum's collection to see what kinds of Easter related paintings are in the collection. It turns out there is some pretty serious religious art here: See "Easter" related artworks.
- Location: Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Parkway, between Underhill & Washington Aves.
- Phone: (718) 638-5000
- Subway: 2/3 to Eastern Parkway/Brooklyn Museum
Brooklyn Republican State Senator Marty Golden, from Bay Ridge, runs an active calendar of community events, including the popular Easter Egg hunts in Marine Park and Bay Ridge.
- Sunday, April 6th, 2014
- Location: Marine Park, Fillmore Avenue & Madison Place
- Phone: (718) 238-6044
Shore Road Park, Bay Ridge
- April 12th, 2014
- Location: Shore Road Park, Shore Road and 79th Street
- Phone: (718) 238-6044
SATURDAY, APRIL 5, 2014: Brooklyn Plantology, 1-4PM, ages 2-12, 26 Brooklyn Terminal Market, near Canarsie Plaza
SATURDAY, APRIL 5, 2014: Gravesend Our Lady of Grace Easter Egg Hunt, Photos with BunnyThis local church event is open to anyone. It's fun for the kids, but there are fees. On the next day, Sunday April 6, the church also holds a fundraising "Easter Fair" with booths (like a Christmas holiday fair)/
- Our Lady of Grace Easter Egg Hunt
- April 5, 1-2 PM - Easter Egg Hunt in the OLG Church Grotto ($5 per child)
- (718) 627-2020