Brooklyn Evacuation Centers by Neighborhood, Opened for Hurricane IreneAccording to the Borough President's Office on Friday, August 26, "Residents who live in Hurricane Evacuation Zone A are being strongly advised to evacuate to a location outside the zone today. This would include, but is not limited to, residents who live in parts of Coney Island, Brighton Beach, Sea Gate, Manhattan Beach, Sheepshead Bay, Sunset Park, Red Hook, DUMBO, Williamsburg and Greenpoint.
Crown Heights, Prospect Lefferts Gardens
- Clara Barton High School. 901 Classon Ave. Near Brooklyn Botanic Gardens
- Boys And Girls High School. 1700 Fulton Street (718) 467-1700
- Whitelaw Reid Junior High School 57. 125 Stuyvesant Avenue (718) 574-2357. Note: As of Friday, this center is now closed and will be moved to PS 26, Jesse Owens School, at 1010 Lafayette Avenue, (718) 919-5707.
- Is 271 John M. Coleman School. 1137 Herkimer Street
- Roosevelt High School. 5800 20 Avenue (718) 621-8800
- I.S. 187. Christa Mcauliffe School. 1171 65 Street, (718) 236-3394
- P.S. 189 Bilingual Center .
- 1100 East New York Avenue (718) 756-0210
- Bushwick High School.400 Irving Avenue, (718) 381-7100
- PS 26, Jesse Owens School.1010 Lafayette Avenue, (718) 919-5707
- I.S. 383 Philippa Schuyler School. 1300 Greene Avenue (718) 574-0390
- I.S. 117 Francis Scott Key School. 300 Willoughby Avenue. (718) 230-5400
- NYC Technical College. 300 Jay Street (718)260.5500
- Franklin J. Lane High School. 999 Jamaica Avenue, (718) 647-2100 South Of Forest Park On Queens Border
- I.S. 292 Margaret S. Douglas School.
- I.S. 246 Walt Whitman School. 72 Veronica Place (718) 282-5230
- Brooklyn Tech High School. Dekalb Ave and Fort Greene Pl.
- IN QUEENS, near Greenpoint: Newcomers High School, formerly Long Island City High School, 450, in Long Island City
- John Jay High School. 230 7th Avenue At 6th Street
- P.S. 249 Caton School, 18 Marlborough Road (718) 282-8828
- I.S. 136 Charles O. Dewey School. 4004 4 Avenue, (718) 965-3333
Brownsville And East Flatbush
East New York
Prospect Park South and Flatbush
For More Information: You can log onto www.brooklyn-usa.org for a map of the zones and the nearest evacuation centers, or call 3-1-1.