(Did you know that small businesses are a growth engine for employment in Brooklyn? Learn more.)
5 Things to Know about Workforce1
- Anyone 18 years or older can use a Workforce1 Career Center
- There are no income, citizenship, or residency requirements
- You don't have to be unemployed. Workforce1 Career Centers offer services to people at various stages of the job cycle: unemployed, facing a lay off and employed.
- It's free.(The programs are funded the Equal Opportunity - Workforce Investment Act.
- It works. The programs says it placed New Yorkers in over 35,000 jobs in 2011, citywide.
2 Brooklyn LocationsPARK SLOPE
Brooklyn Central Library Workforce1 Career Center
(by appointment only) 10 Grand Army Plaza, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11238-5619
Hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Directions: Subways # 2,3, or 4 train to either Grand Army Plaza or Eastern Parkway stops. Also the B41 bus to Flatbush Ave – Grand Army Plaza stop.
Brooklyn Workforce1 Career Center
9 Bond Street, 5th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Between Livingston and Fulton Streets
Telephone: (718) 246-5219
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM; Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Directions: By subway take the A,C to Hoyt-Schermerhorn; A,C,F to Jay Street-Borough Hall; 2,3 to Hoyt Street; M,R to Lawrence Street; 4,5 to Nevins Street; or B,M,Q,R to DeKalb Avenue. By bus, the B25, B26, B38, B41, B45, B52, B54, B57, B61, B63, B65, and B67 stop along Fulton and Livingston Streets.
Don't overlook other useful job hunting websites.