4th of July Brooklyn Barbeque! Where to Get Sausages, Brooklyn BBQ Recipes & MoreWhat else do you do on July 4th weekend? Have a barbeque, of course! You've got the friends. But what about the food, the recipes, and the venue? Read on.
1. Brooklyn Butchers Where You Can Get Great Sausages, Steaks, Dogs for a 4th of July BarbequeYou can always go to the supermarket for packages of hot dogs (including Brooklyn's homegrown Nathan's brand), but for interesting, fabulous and freshly made hot dogs with special flavoring, or of a vegetarian persuasion, or good chicken sausages or kielbasa, you've got a lot of choice in Brooklyn.
(These aren't the only great butchers in Brooklyn by a long shot, but they're good bets for great July 4th sausages and hot dogs.)
On the other hand, if you're having a huge party and want to watch costs, head to Brooklyn's giant Costco, Fairway or your local supermarket.
2. Brooklyn BBQ RecipesNeed some good recipes for a Brooklyn BBQ? Try these:
- Rachel Ray Brooklyn Barbecue Chili Burgers with Oil and Vinegar Slaw
- Louis' Coney Island Hot Dog recipe (in "Classic Fourth of July recipes")
- Recipe for BBQ Chicken with Absolut Brooklyn Vodka
3. No Yard? No Deck? Have a BBQ in a Brooklyn ParkIf you're in the city and you don't happen to have access to a back yard, but want to have a BBQ, what to do? Head to one of Brooklyn's many parks. But be forewarned, you can't just set up your grill and fire it up! You can barbeque in special areas only, and it's smart to stake out your place very early in the morning (because everyone else does!).