What DO They Want for Mother's Day and Father's Day?Looking for something really special to give or better, to do, to celebrate Mother's or Father's Day? Think again about gifts. If you're looking for something memorable or fun, it probably isn't earrings or new BBQ tools, or even brunch, though those things are nice. And a homemade card or poem is terrific. But heck, you can do those things in the suburbs.
What can you do for Mothers or Fathers Day that's unique to the Big Apple...and especially Brooklyn?
Here are a dozen tips and ideas to help you plan a once-in-a-lifetime Mothers Day or Fathers Day. Brooklyn style!
Have an Only-in-Brooklyn Family Adventure for Mothers or Fathers DayHere's an idea for an interesting, fun Mother's Day or Father's Day, doing things you can do only in Brooklyn Get out, and have a little adventure in your own back yard.
4 Tips on Where to Go in Brooklyn
- NINE GREAT ONLY-IN-BROOKLYN ADVENTURES
- Concerts and Events for Mothers Day
- Where to BBQ
- 4 Great Sit-Down Pizzerias Near Museums, Parks, Destinations
- Don't tell them where you're going. Just get up, get organized, and go have some silly family fun.
- Do plan to make some stops for laughs and hugs.
- Do Take photographs or a video for posterity's sake. After, you can paste the photos into a nice booklet or card, and you'll have a great gift full of rich memories.
- If you're making an expedition, three stops is adequate, though more can be fun
- Engage the children in deciding the itinerary — and also in keeping it a secret!
- Don't be overly ambitious
- Have a bad weather back-up plan
- Expect everyone to get hungry at the wrong moment, probably earlier than you expect (a late breakfast in bed is optional!)
3 Do's and Don'ts of a Brooklyn Adventure for Mother's Day or Father's Day
Whether it's Mother's Day or Father's Day:
5 Tips for Making This Mothers Day and Fathers Day Outing in Brooklyn a SuccessThere's nothing worse than planning a special occasion that then backfires. Here are some tips to help ensure a happy day:
Recommended EquipmentA DIY adventure through Brooklyn for Mothers or Fathers Day needn't cost a bundle. But you'll need a little equipment:
- Metro card and itinerary
- Snacks, water
- Sense of humor
- Materials to make a card of photos (optional)
- Hugs and laugh lines waiting to be delivered