Which Streets are Closed to Traffic, and When Do They Re-Open on Marathon Sunday?For about six hours on Marathon Sunday in Brooklyn, major Brooklyn Streets are closed to car traffic, and may be hard to even walk across.
Five Major Traffic Arteries in Brooklyn Closed for Up to Six Hours
1.Verrazano Narrrows Bridge: Closed midnight Saturday until 3 PM Sunday on upper leve;
Sunday 7 AM - 3 PM. The Bridge exit to 92nd Street in Bay Ridge will be closed midnight Saturday until 3 PM Sunday.
2. Bay Ridge and Sunset Park: 7:15 A.M. until about 1P.M.
- 4th Ave from Bay Ridge Parkway to 23rd St.
3. Park Slope, Gowanus, Boerum Hill: 7:25 A.M until about 2 P.M.
- 4th Avenue from 23rd St. to Flatbush Ave.
4. Fort Greene & Clinton Hill: 8 A.M until about 2: 05 P.M.
- Flatbush Ave and Lafayette
- Lafayette and Classon Avenues
5. South Williamsburg, North Williamsburg & Greenpoint: 7:35 A.M until about 3 P.M.
- Bedford Avenue from Kosciuszko Street to Nassau Ave.
- Manhattan Ave from Milton to McGuinness
- McGuiness Blvd approaching Pulaski Blvd 8 AM until about 3PM
The above outlines the actual route of the ING NY Marathon. In addition, ancillary streets may be closed to traffic.
Construction Halted for the Marathon
In addition, to ease congestion, no construction will be going on in the following places on the route, from 12:01am Friday, October 25 through 11:59PM Sunday, November 3, 2013 in Brooklyn, unless it's an emergency, according to the City Dept. of Transportation.
- Dahlgren Place between Verrazano Bridge and 92nd Street (northbound)
- 92nd Street between Dahlgren Place and 4th Avenue
- 4th Avenue between 92nd Street and Flatbush Avenue
- Flatbush Avenue between 4th Avenue and Lafayette Avenue
- Brooklyn Queens Expressway (southbound) between Verrazano Bridge and 79th Street
- 7th Avenue between 79th Street and 75th Street / Bay Ridge Parkway
- 7th Avenue between 74th and 75th Street / Bay Ridge Parkway
- 74th Street between 6th and 7th Avenue
- 6th Avenue between 74th and 75th Street / Bay Ridge Parkway
- Bay Ridge Parkway between 7th Avenue and 4th Avenue
- 92nd Street between Gatling Place and Fort Hamilton Parkway
- Fort Hamilton Parkway between 92nd Street and 94th Street
- 94th Street between Fort Hamilton Parkway and 4th Avenue (northbound)
- 4th Avenue between 94th Street and Flatbush Avenue (southbound)
- Bedford Avenue between Lafayette Avenue and Nassau Avenue
- Nassau Avenue between Bedford Avenue / Lorimer Street and Manhattan Avenue
- Manhattan Avenue between Nassau Avenue and Greenpoint Avenue
- Greenpoint Avenue between Manhattan Avenue and McGuiness Boulevard
- McGuiness Boulevard between Greenpoint Avenue and 48th Avenue
- Pulaski Bridge (southbound)
Also, unrelated to the Marathon, but this weekend:
- 92nd Street between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue will be closed Saturday and/or Sunday from 8 am to 6 pm to facilitate crane operation.
- Bergen Street between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue will be closed Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm to facilitate crane operation.