Which Streets are Closed to Traffic, and When Do They Re-Open on Marathon Sunday?For about six hours on Marathon Sunday in Brooklyn, major Brooklyn Streets are closed to car traffic, and may be hard to even walk across.
1. Bay Ridge and Sunset Park: 7:15 A.M.- until about 12:30 3 P.M.
- Bay Ridge Pkwy and 6th Avenue
- 74th Street, before 6th Avenue
- 4th Avenue from 82nd Street down
2. Park Slope, Gowanus, Boerum Hill: 7:25 A.M-1:50 -3 P.M.
- 4th Avenue
3. Fort Greene & Clinton Hill: 7:45 A.M.-2 P.M.
- Lafayette Ave, Flatbush Ave, Bedford Avenues
- Lafayette and Classon Avenues
4. Williamsburg & Greenpoint: 7:30 A.M. -3 P.M.
- Greenpoint Avenue from Manhattan Ave to McGuinness
- Nassau, Lorimer and Bedford along the race course