Atlantic Antic At-a-Glance
Where: Enter from many directions; this street fair stretches along Atlantic Avenue from 4th Avenue in Boerum Hill to Hicks Street in Brooklyn Heights.
Nearest subways: 2, 3, 4, 5, N, or R to Borough Hall; 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, M, N, or R to Atlantic Terminal; A or C to Hoyt/Schemerhorn; F or G to Bergen
When: Sunday September 29th, 2013 (Usually the first Sunday in October, calendar depending), 10am to 6pm
Phone: (718) 875-8993
Started: 1974, by the AALDC, or Atlantic Avenue Local Development Corporation, held the first ever Atlantic Antic in 1974. The fair's success has made it a lasting tradition.
There's tons of free music, entertainment, food stalls and street crafts. Here's the hot-off-the-press schedule of events, by location.
1. HICKS/HENRY Streets at Atlantic Ave.
Moxie Spot - 81/83 Atlantic Ave
- 12PM - Ari & Nat Family Sing-a-long
- 1:30PM - Liam the Magician
- 3PM - John Carlin's Kids Music Underground
- 4:30PM - Lloyd Miller of The Deedle Deedle Dees
2. HENRY/CLINTON Streets at Atlantic Ave.
Last Exit - 136 Atlantic Ave
- All day - DJ Momotaro and Go Go Dancers Ana Copa Cabanna and Pixie 007
- 1PM - GIGI & POP
- 2PM - Les Sans Culottes
- 4PM - THE GET IT
- 6PM - Antic After Party (inside) with DJ Mr. Lee
Waterfront Ale House - 155 Atlantic Ave
- 12PM - Charanga Soleil (10-piece Cuban-Afro band)
- 2PM - Black Coffee Blues Band
3. CLINTON/COURT Streets at Atlantic Ave.
Amer-Aba - 175 Atlantic Ave-Middle Eastern Music and Belly Dancing
4. COURT/BOERUM Streets at Atlantic Ave.
Brazen Head - 228 Atlantic Ave 2PM-5PM - The Dysfunctional Family Jazz Band
5. SMITH/HOYT Streets at Atlantic Ave.
Pacheco & Lugo - 340 Atlantic Ave 12PM-5:30PM - Latin Jazz Band
6. NEVINS/3RD Avenues, at Atlantic Ave.
Gumbo - 493 Atlantic Ave
- 12PM - P for Puppets
- 12:30PM - Graciela Carrique of 'Musica Para Mi'
- 1PM - Melanie Hope Greenberg book reading and signing
- 1:30PM - Rolie Polie Guacamole
- 2:30PM - Catahoula Cajun Band
- 3:15PM - Kevin Nathaniel and "Talking Gourds"
- 3:45PM - Mamadou Waflash
- 4:30PM - Bonga
- 5PM - Tiga & Tchaka
Hank's Saloon - 46 3rd Ave
- On and off all day starting at 1PM -Brotherhood of the Jug Band Blues, Jack Grace Band, and Alex Battles' Whisky Rebellion
- 5PM - Cheap SunglasseZZ (ZZ Top cover band)
7. 3RD/4TH Aves at Atlantic Ave.
Linger Lounge - 533 Atlantic Ave
1PM-2:30PM & 3PM-4:30PM - BR and Timebomb