This post-Thanksgiving Saturday afternoon, launch into your holiday shopping season in along Brooklyn's Atlantic Avenue. Bring the kids, bring the visitors! You'll find literally a mile of boutiques, interesting shops, antique stores, kids clothing stores, florists, and places where you can both support Brooklyn's mom-and-pop artisanal entrepreneurs. Get something really unusual for those holiday gifts. (And if you don't find what you need, you can always walk right over to the Atlantic Center Mall nearby.) Plus, there's free fun:
Holiday Entertainment on Atlantic Avenue Holiday Saturday
- Holiday carolers strolling along Atlantic Avenue
- Free trolley rides up and down Atlantic Avenue
- Official lighting of holiday lights at the southwest corner of Atlantic Avenue and Clinton Street (5 pm).
- Free holiday cookies, hot cocoa, mulled cider, and other refreshments while they last, at various businesses, including Circa Antiques (374 Atlantic Avenue), Foyer (422 Atlantic Avenue), Sahadi’s (187 Atlantic Avenue) and The Melting Pot (492 Atlantic Avenue).
When: From 1-5 PM, Saturday November 24, 2012
Where: Atlantic Avenue from Atlantic Center near Barclays Center arena, down to 4th Avenue. Stretching through Boerum Hill, Cobble Hill and the edge of Brooklyn Heights.
How to Get There: Enter from many directions; this Saturday event stretches along Atlantic Avenue from 4th Avenue in Boerum Hill to Hicks Street in Brooklyn Heights. Nearest subways: 2, 3, 4, 5, N, or R to Borough Hall; 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, M, N, or R to Atlantic Terminal; A or C to Hoyt/Schemerhorn; F or G to Bergen Street.
About the Shopping
Brand Name Stores: Steven Alan (347 Atlantic Ave), Jonathan Adler (378 Atlantic Ave) and Paper Source (102 Smith Street)
Things to Buy, "With Love, From Brooklyn" Items:
- Stainless steel wallets by local designer Stewart Stand (starting at $59) at Sterling Place (363 Atlantic Avenue)
- Throw pillows hand-dyed in Brooklyn ($28) at The Melting Pot (492 Atlantc Avenue)
- Three Tier gift basket ($15) or the Lebanese gift basket ($90.95) at Sahadi’s (187 Atlantic Ave).
- Crystal stud earrings ($113) at Kaight (382 Atlantic Ave)
- Antiques at: Silk Road Antiques (313 Atlantic Ave), Circa Antiques (374 Atlantic Avenue)
- Jewelry: Kimera (366 Atlantic Ave), Bijoutique (362 Atlantic Ave), Written by Yayoi Forest (313A Atlantic Ave)
- Home: Playable Art Ball ($30) at Module R (141 Atlantic Ave), Handmade Finnish-designed candle holders and tea strainers at Foyer (422 Atlantic Ave)
- Holiday entertaining: Betty Bakery (448 Atlantic Ave), special holiday cards (10 for $10) at Fusion Design Gallery (140 Atlantic Ave)
- Beauty: "Best Natural Facial in Brooklyn" Ageless Goddess facial for $165 at Tres Belle Petite Medi-Spa (105 Bond Street)
This event is part of a larger "Small Business Saturday" campaign to support mom and pop shops. (Find out more about Small Business Saturday.)