1. Friday Feb 10: Dance Party "Lush" at Brooklyn Botanic Garden (Prospect Heights)
Details: BBG Palm House, 1000 Washington Avenue near the Brooklyn Museum, 8 P.M. to midnight. $65. Reservations:Official Website.
2. Saturday Feb 11: Valentine's Collage at Brooklyn Museum (Prospect Hts)Feeling arty? Join Maura Madden, author of Crafternoon: A Guide to Getting Artsy and Crafty with Your Friends All Year for a collage workshop "inspired by love and Valentine's Day."
Details: Brooklyn Museum, Eastern Parkway, at 2 P.M. Fee: Museum admissions plus $15 materials fee. Reservations: www.museumtix.com or at Museum's Visitor Center. Limited free tickets for members on first come, first-served basis.
3. Saturday Feb 11: BAMCafe Life Music Mo Beasley’s "Love Storm" (Fort Greene)Come to BAM to hear musician Mo Beasley, known among some fans for his hilarious, sexy song "Black Panties," play a Valentine's Day program called Love Storm.
Details: BAMcafé. Brooklyn Academy of Music. 30 Lafayette Avenue. No cover, no admission. Happy Hour 6-8 P.M. Music at 9 P.M.
4. Saturday Feb 11: Vegas-style Cabaret at Galapagos (DUMBO)
Details:16 Main Street, DUMBO.Doors open 9:30; show at 10:30. Admission is $20. For reservations, contact Galapagos Art Space in DUMBO.
5. Sunday Feb 12: Beethoven Chamber Music Concert at Bargemusic (DUMBO)
Details: Bargemusic. at the Fulton Landing in DUMBO. Music at 3 P.M.$35 ($30 senior, $15 student). Reservations required.
6. Monday Feb 13: 50th Wedding Anniversaries with Marty Markowitz (Mill Basin)You wouldn't think this could really happen outside a reality TV show, but oldster couples celebrating their 50th anniversaries will gather to be feted by Borough President Marty Markowitz at the El Caribe Country Club in Mill Basin. Some couples will renew their wedding vows and take a spin around the dance floor, and the Boro Prez will hoist a toast. (Note: This event is mostly for the celebrants, but it's too wonderfully old-Brooklyn corny not to mention.)
Details: From 1 P.M. to 4 P.M, by invitation only.
7. Tuesday Feb 14: "Missed Connections" Party at NY Transit Museum (Downtown)
Details: NY Transit Museum (Brooklyn) downstairs at the corner of Boerum Pl & Schermerhorn Streets. From 6 P.M. to 8 P.M. Free.
8. Tuesday Feb. 14: Free Film "The Big Sleep" at Public Library Dweck CenterAt 6:30, catch a free screening of a classic 1946 film. And, it's not just any old film; according to the library, its "starring Humphrey Bogart as detective Philip Marlowe and Lauren Bacall as Mrs. Vivian Rutledge, a woman with a secret. The film is based on Raymond Chandler’s 1939 hard-boiled novel of the same name."
Details: Central Library, Dweck Center, at Grand Army Plaza. Free.
9. Tuesday Feb 14: Valentine’s Day Dinner & Movie at BAM Rose Cinemas (Fort Greene)BAM rarely serves dinner with its movies, but this Valentine's Day they're making an exception. The Rose Cinemas will be two showings of the 1940s classic black-and-white flick The Shop Around the Corner on Valentine's Day. The first screening on Feb 14 is at 6 P.M (no dinner). The dinner and a movie showing is at 8:30 P.M. Reserve in advance.
Details: BAM Rose Cinemas. 30 Lafayette Avenue in Fort Greene. (718) 777-FILM 545.
10. Tuesday Feb. 14: Storytelling, Dodgers Tales & Chocolate at Bklyn Historical Soc
Details: Tickets $15/$10 BHS and The Bronx Museum of the Arts members. Advance purchase recommended.