This season, catch a performance of The Nutcracker, the Messiah, or to enjoy a local production of the Christmas classic, A Christmas Carol. There are wonderful, low-key, family-friendly holiday shows all over Brooklyn. Here are a few December 2012 highlights of shows with light-hearted holiday themes. Also see: Christmas for Kids in Brooklyn and Hanukah Events in Brooklyn.
3. Blockbuster Shows at Barclays Center: Smashing Pumpkins to Dave MatthewsQuite a holiday line up!
- Where: 338 Sixth Avenue (at 4th Street)
- When: Saturday and Sundays
- Admission: Cash only. Reservations suggested
- Contact: (718) 965-3391
- Where: Our Lady of Lebanon Cathedral (corner of Remsen and Henry Streets, Brooklyn Heights)
- When: Friday, Dec. 14, 7:30 PM
- Admission: $15-$35. order here
Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.
- Where: Brooklyn Tabernacle, 17 Smith Street, between Livingston and Fulton Streets, in Downtown Brooklyn near Fulton Mall
- When: Dec. 13, 16, 18; check site for times
- Admission: Free
- Contact: See Tabernacle website
- Where: Carroll Park, Robert Acito Park House, Carroll Gardens.
- When: December 14 at 7P.M, 15 at 5 PM and 7 PM, Dec. 16 at 5 PM.
- Admission: Tickets at BrownPaperTickets.com
- Where: Our Lady of Lebanon Cathedral (Remsen & Henry Sts, Brooklyn Heights)
- When: Friday, Dec. 14, three different events- at noon, 2:30 and 7:30 PM
- Admission: Advance purchase recommended. Prices vary. Get tickets
- Where: Kumble Theater, Long Island University Brooklyn Campus, Fort Greene/Downtown Brooklyn)
- When: Sat Dec. 15 4 PM and 8 PM & Sun Dec 16 at 4 PM and 8 PM
- Admission: $25, $22.50– stu dents, seniors and groups of 8 or more