11. Traditional Hanukkah Party, Brooklyn Style (Sheepshead Bay)Bring the family to this very Brooklyn event. There will be kiddie rides, Hanukkah-themed arts and crafts, raffles, holiday performances, and a menorah candle lighting ceremony, not to mention music and dancing. Children will get free dreidels and everyone gets free latkes.
The Kings Bay YM-YWHA is a non-sectarian multi-service Jewish community center that since the 1950s has been providing a range of services to residents of Sheepshead Bay, Homecrest, Midwood, Bergen Beach and Mill Basin. They know how to organize things; this institution runs pre-school and pre-K programs, Sunday children’s programming and summer day camp, teen activities, exercise classes as well as programs for people with special needs, and more. The staff speak a babel of languagaes Russian, Hebrew, Chinese and Spanish. All are welcome at this event. So come, and bring your friends.
- Where: 274 Garfield Place, Brooklyn
- When: December 18, 2011 10 A.M. - 2:00 pm
- Admission: $10 Adult/$5 per child in advance, $12 Adult/$7 Child at the door (Children under 2 are free). Your ticketed admission, along with a can of non-perishable food (to be donated to City Harvest), grants entrance to this celebration.
- Contact: http://congregationbethelohim.org or (718) 768-3814
His last studio album was in 2009, called Light. In 2011 he released a live album, Live at Stubb's, Volume 2. Among his most famous songs are "King Without a Crown", "One Day", "Jerusalem" and "Youth." If you haven't yet, heard him, go.