So, where to go? We've put together a list for you of the "Most" places: the Most Vegas New Year's Party in Brooklyn, The Bawdiest New Year's Show in Brooklyn, The Most Soulful New Year's Eve in Brooklyn, and more.
Compared to Manhattan, Brooklyn's New Year's events are affordable, too. Prices range from the sublime to the ridiculous: $5 to $250 per person.
"THE MOST" LIST: BROOKLYN'S TEN TOP NEW YEARS EVE VENUES 2012
Guests are invited to dress up in the styles of the 1920's.
Why Paris in the roaring '20s? A spokesperson for Galapagos said, "Every year we make New Years Eve into the event we would want to go to if we weren't working that night. To that end, we have created a beautiful, over-the-top version of our weekly hit and flagship Saturday night show, Floating Kabarette."
- Where: 16 Main Street, DUMBO.
- When: Doors open 8 P.M., live show 10 P.M. Dancing from midnight until 4 AM.
- Admission: VIP tickets sold first at $200, which includes bottle service at the table; once these are sold out other tix will be $150. The admission price includes entertainment and an open bar until the wee hours.
- Contact/website: http://galapagosartspace.com
Need costume ideas? It's not very 1929ish. But then again, maybe it is: Occupy Wall Street costumes (DIY of course).
This well-known East Village drag king comedian hosts a bawdy, boozy variety show. Mr. Murray Hill is the self-described ringleader of a "circus of burlesque bombshells, ballsy and bawdy singers, legendary performance artists, a monkey" and other surprise acts.
- Where: 361 Metropolitan Avenue.
- When: Doors open at 9:30 P.M., show begins at 10:30 P.M.
- Admission: $35 - $100.
- Contact/website: Tel: (347) 529-6696. http://bk.knittingfactory.com
- Where: 66 N. 6th St. near Wythe Avenue.
- When: Doors open at 8 P.M.; show starts at 10 P.M.
- Admission: 18 and over. $38 advance purchase. $40 day of show.
- Contact: (718) 486-5400.
- Where: 149 7th Street, in the Gowanus neighborhood.
- When: 9 P.M.
- Tickets $40
- Contact/website: (718) 643-6510. www.thebellhouseny.com.
- Where: 709 Lorimer between Frost and Richardson Streets.
- When: 8:30 P.M. — 4 A.M.
- Contact/website: (718) 302-3770. http://petescandystore.com.
- Where: 61 Wythe Ave.
- When: Doors at 12:30 AM, Jan 1.
- Tickets: $60
- Contact/website: (718) 963-3369. http://www.brooklynbowl.com/event
Advance reservations a must. After all that vodka, so is a pre-booked taxi or designated driver to get you home safely on New Year's Eve. Uh, New Year's Day that is.
- Where: 3152 Brighton 6th Street.
- When: 10 P.M. - 3 A.M.
- Price: $200 per person includes floor show, dinner and limited alcohol.
- Contact/website: (718) 891-5151. http://tatianarestaurant.com
Some former Republican presidential candidates talked a lot about 9,9,9; at Union Hall this New Year's Eve, it's all about 5,5,5. This hip institution (what other bar boasts an indoor bocce court?) is celebrating its birthday this December by offering patrons a $5 entry.
They are also calling in some of their all time favorite acts — and giving away an iPad. Entertainment by DJ Lord Easy; karoke with Karoke Killed the Cat.
- Where: 702 Union Street off 5th Avenue in Park Slope.
- When: Festivities start at 8 P.M.
- Tickets/Admission: $5
- Contact/website: (718) 638-4400. http://unionhallny.com.