So, where to go? We've put together a list for you of the "Most" places: the Most Vegas New Year's Party in Brooklyn, The Bawdiest New Year's Show in Brooklyn, The Most Soulful New Year's Eve in Brooklyn, and more.
Compared to Manhattan, Brooklyn's New Year's events are affordable, too. Prices range from the sublime to the ridiculous: $5 to $250 per person.
"THE MOST" LIST: BROOKLYN'S TEN TOP NEW YEARS EVE VENUES 2014
Dress up like Gatsby! Go to the cabaret my friend! New Years Eve 2014 at Galapagos will again be their fabulous "Paris in the 1920's" theme party, complete with two hours of burlesque and trapeze performances, followed by a hot DJ dance party. Look for awesome stunts and lots of bells and whistles including a surprise midnight "ball" drop at this usually sold-out event.
Galapagos promise you'll be "transported back in time to a world of lovers, sultry can-can dancers, soaring aerial artists, acrobats, powerful chanteuses and handsome chaunteurs, and sensual burlesque dancers." Dress up like it's the Roaring '20s (1920s, that is).
- Where: 16 Main Street, DUMBO.
- When: Doors open 8 P.M., live show 10 P.M. Dancing from midnight until 4 AM.
- Admission: Seats at $125 and up. T
- Contact/website: http://galapagosartspace.com.718-222-8500
Need costume ideas? Tips on vintage shopping for costumes
- Where: 361 Metropolitan Avenue.
- When: Doors open at 9:30 P.M., show begins at 10:30 P.M.
- Admission: General admission $50; VIP $600
- Contact/website: Tel: (347) 529-6696. http://bk.knittingfactory.com
- Where: 709 Lorimer between Frost and Richardson Streets.
- When: 8:30 P.M. — 4 A.M.
- Contact/website: (718) 302-3770. http://petescandystore.com.
Kick off the year with Tanlines, a Brooklyn NY electronic indie rock duo feauring Eric Emm (vocals, guitar, keyboards) and Jesse Cohen (drums, keyboards, bass). They play after midnight, in the wee hours of 2014. (Doors open at midnight.) They started playing Emm’s Brooklyn-based Brothers Studio, and have toured globally.
Doors open at 8 with Delta Spirit, WITH A DJ set by Cults (DJ Set), plus SACCO at Brooklyn Bowl for NYE 2014.
- Where: 61 Wythe Ave.
- When: Doors at 12:30 AM, Jan 1.
- Tickets: $40
- Contact/website: (718) 963-3369. http://www.brooklynbowl.com/event
Advance reservations a must. After all that vodka, so is a pre-booked taxi or designated driver to get you home safely on New Year's Eve. Uh, New Year's Day that is.
- Where: 3152 Brighton 6th Street.
- When: 10 P.M. - 3 A.M.
- Price: $200 per person includes floor show, dinner and limited alcohol.
- Contact/website: (718) 891-5151. http://tatianarestaurant.com
What is this party? It's the "infamous karaoke dance party for people who never thought they'd like karaoke."
Both the upstairs (usually a bar) and downstairs (usually a performance space) of this huge venue will be transformed in honor of the holiday. Expect a crowd.
- Where: 702 Union Street off 5th Avenue in Park Slope.
- When: Festivities start at 10 P.M.
- Tickets/Admission: $5
- Contact/website: (718) 638-4400. http://unionhallny.com.
- Where: Fulton Ferry Landing near the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Price: The $100 ticket includes complimentary sparkling cider, cookies and chocolate.
- Where: 484 Union Ave. located under the shadow of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.