Looking for things to do this weekend? Try Brooklyn. Here's a sampling of the weekend's best...
SATURDAY May 17, 2014
- Brooklyn Flea at Fort Greene, Park Slope PS 321 and Williamsburg
- Brooklyn Children's Museum
- Lakeside park facilities, Prospect Park
- Introduction to Birdwatching: Brooklyn's on the flyover migration route.
- Downtown Brooklyn TKTS booth sells cheap Broadway Saturday night/Sunday matinee tix.
Brooklyn Academy of Music
Judy Chicago and Arts of the Radical 60s- Brooklyn Museum The Brooklyn Museum's having a retro radical moment, through July 6
- Leaving town? How to get to the airports from Brooklyn, or from Brooklyn to JFK, LaGuardia, Newark
- Central Library: Bike the Branches
Tips for Saturday Evening
- Nighthawk ( Williamsburg).
- Music Hall of Williamsburg.
- Go where the people-watching is as good as the act: Knitting Factory(Williamsburg) and Bell House (Gowanus).
- BAMCafe: Free live jazz show, no cover
Floating Kabarette: Show at Galapagos Art Space (DUMBO)
SUNDAY May 18, 2014
Things to Do with Kids on Sunday
- Head to the zoo! Brooklyn's own Prospect Park Zoo: $8 for adults, $6 for seniors 65+, $5 for kids 3-12, free for children under 3. 10- 4:30 p.m. 450 Flatbush Avenue in Prospect Park.
- Check out the amazing tree house at Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
- Brooklyn Center for Performing Arts.
- Bargemusic Family Concert , 3 PM (DUMBO).
- Take the kids to the NY Aquarium in Coney Island.
- Brooklyn Meetup: 4th Ave Brooklyn Russian Language Meet-up Group
- Brooklyn Bowl: Family bowl (no cover) noon-9 PM.
- NY Transit Museum( Brooklyn Downtown Cultural District).
- Underground thrift store at Plymouth Church. Some designer goods.1-4 PM. (Brooklyn Heights). Or, Flea market at Artists and Fleas (indoors).
- Pop-Up Audubon Saturdays & Sundays, 12 – 5 p.m. The Prospect Park Alliance presents Pop-Up Audubon, which invites families to directly engage with nature through outdoor learning in locations around the Park.
Other Tips for Sunday in Brooklyn
- Plot your strategy for looking for a new apartment in Brooklyn.
- DIY art gallery tour: See what's on.
- Brooklyn Museum New Show: Art and Civil Rights in the Sixties.
- Brooklyn Navy Yard exhibits and tour, plan a visit to their current exhibitions, take a tour
- Tour the Brooklyn Brewery in Williamsburg.
- Royal Palm Shuffle: Be your grandparents: Try the hot new shuffleboard/bar venue.(Gowanus).
FAQ about this weekend calendar
- When is this updated? New listings are added every Friday for the following weekend.
- How can my organization get its event listed? Does your organization have an event you think should be listed this weekend? Contact us! We can't list everything going on in the borough, but we are interested in community events, special programs and cultural activities that are open to all.