If you're just roaring to get on the road and need a drivers license, where to go? Brooklyn now has two Department of Motor Vehicle offices, and three places to take the road test for a drivers license.
But, as sometimes there are long lines at the DMV, make you are unsure whether you need to go in person to the office, call first. A lot can also be done online, including downloading forms and making certain transactions.
There are two DMV locations in Brooklyn.
1. Atlantic Center - New York State Dept. of Motor Vehicles625 Atlantic Ave. , Second Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11217
- Monday through Friday, General hours: 8:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
- Drivers Permit, Motorcycle permit, Tow and Escort Vehicle Testing
- For permits and testing hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
- No Commercial Drivers License Testing
- Non-CDL oral exams are given the first and third Wednesday of each month at 9 A.M..
- Appointments are required for oral exams. Appointments must be made in person.
Don't bring a friend or spouse unless they're also there for a reason. The DMV states, "Due to space and security concerns, the office asks that only the individuals who are transacting business enter the processing area of this office."
2. Coney Island Office - New York State Dept. of Motor Vehicles2875 West 8th St
Brooklyn, NY 11224
(Cross Streets - Neptune and Surf Ave)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 8:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. , Thursday 10:00 A.M - 6:00 P.M.
- Written test - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 8:30 A.M. - 3:30, Thursday 10:00 A.M - 5:00 P.M.
- CDL written test - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 8:30 A.M. - 12 noon
- Thursday 10:00 A.M.- 2:00 P.M. , Escort Vehicle Tests, No oral exams..
- Tel: 1-718-966-6155 or 1-212-645-5550