5 Brooklyn Parks With Wi-FiParks in Brooklyn that have free Wi-Fi:
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Piers 1 and 6
- Fort Greene Park around the monument and visitors center
- Herbert Von King Park ampitheater
- McCarren Park around the field house
- Prospect Park around the picnic house.
City Wide Initiative to Make NYC a "Digital City"The digitization of the city's parks is part of a May 2011 comprehensive strategy, detailed in a 90-page report called Road Map for the Digital City, that aims "to make New York the nation's leading digital city." Yes!
The transformation of Brooklyn's parks into a Wi-Fi zone is part of a five-year initiative to "provide free Wi-Fi service at 26 locations in 20 New York City parks across the five boroughs," according to a June 2011 City Hall press statement.