Thursday, Jan 2, 2014: Students return to school
January 17 (after school)-January 20: MLK Holiday, 3 Day Weekend
- Friday Jan 17: Last day of school before recess. Full day.
- Monday Jan 20: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (schools closed )
Calendar of Events for Martin Luther King Day Events.
Official Theme for African American History Month (Feb)
Tuesday Jan 21: Schools are open
January 30, Thursday: Pre K only has no school
January 31, Friday: High schools only have no school
February 3, Monday: Spring Term begins for high school students.
February 14 (after school)- 23: Midwinter Recess (including Washington’s Birthday and Lincoln’s Birthday, observed)
- Friday February 14: Last day of school before recess. Full day.
- Monday -Friday, Feb. 17-21: No school
The last day of school before vacation is also Valentines Day; 9 Valentines Day for Brooklyn Kids
Monday February 24: School resumes
April 10 Thursday: Pre K only has no school
April 11-22: Spring Recess (including Good Friday, Easter and Passover)
- April 11: Last day of school before recess. Full day.
- April 14-22: no school
**A few calendar tips**
Celebrating Easter in Brooklyn
12 Passover Do's and Don'ts for NonJews Attending a Seder
Wednesday, April 23: Students return to school
Friday May 23 (after school closes) - Monday May 26: Memorial Day Long Weekend
- Friday May 23: Last day of school before recess. Full day.
- Monday May 26, Monday: Memorial Day Observed (schools closed)
Tuesday May 27: Schools are open
June 3-17: Regents Exams administered
June 5, Thursday: No school - Chancellor’s Conference Day.
June 26, Thursday: LAST DAY of SCHOOL, early dismissal!
In non-District 75 high schools having administered Regents Exams on June 3 and June 17 through June 25, students will not be in attendance on Regents Rating Day, Thursday, June 26.