It's increasingly hard to find street parking in Brooklyn. And, street parking isn't always a good solution if you're headed to a two or three hour show. Most street parking spots have one hour meters. And, yes, the meter-minders are attentive, and do write tickets promptly.
So, public transit is the best bet to get to Downtown Brooklyn and the cultural hub around BAM. But, if drive you must....
Find out where you can park your car in an indoor lot when shopping at Brooklyn's Atlantic Center and Atlantic Terminal Malls or Pathmark, when going to a matinee at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, or shopping at Brooklyn Flea.
1. Pathmark Supermarket, Atlantic Center Malls, LIRR and Brooklyn Flea (winter venue)
- There's an affordable underground parking lot at the Atlantic Center, behind the Pathmark Supermarket Store. This lot is also just one block away from the indoor location of a Brooklyn Flea, when it is held at the historic Williamsburg Savings Bank. However, the Atlantic Center parking lot closes early so those planning to have dinner in the neighborhood, or who are attending BAM evening performances should park at the Brooklyn Academy of Music parking lot instead.
- 10 Lafayette Avenue
- 63 Rockwell Ave between Fulton and Lafayette
- BAM also has a facility that's "open when needed" at 622 Fulton Street.
- See BAM website .
2. BAMBrooklyn Academy of Music has several small parking lots:
3. Barclays's Center ParkingIMPORTANT INFO: There is no dedicated parking lot at, near or for the Barclays Center.
This 18,000 seat venue was built at its current location because of its proximity to the Atlantic Avenue subway station, which has nearly every subway line in NYC, plus a Long Island Railroad Station. It was designed on the assumption that patrons would use public transit. The Barclay's Center website says the following, "Barclays Center has limited parking available for events. We encourage our guests to use public transit to travel to and from the venue."
Take the subway!
Or, walk or bike; there are 400 bike parking spots (see bike map to Barclays Center.)
Or, take a bus: Eleven bus lines stop near the arena: B25, B26, B38, B41, B45, B52, B63, B65, B67, B69, and B103.