The Brooklyn institution known as Brooklyn Flea isn't just any old flea market. It's different in many ways. For starters, Brooklyn Flea operates in three different locations in different neighborhoods, depending on the season. (Not totally sure what Brooklyn Flea's all about? See Introduction to Brooklyn Flea and more about what's sold at Brooklyn Flea.)
Where to Find Brooklyn Flea from November to April
- When: Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Indoors at One Hanson Place, also known as the Williamsburgh Savings Bank (Fort Greene)
- How to Get There: Take B, D, M, N, Q, R, 2, 3, 4, or 5 trains to Atlantic Avenue
- What’s Nearby: Fort Greene, BAM, Park Slope, Atlantic Mall, Barclay Center, and Prospect Heights
Where to Find Brooklyn Flea on Saturdays in Spring, Summer, and Autumn
- When: Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Rain or shine.
- Where: 176 Lafayette Avenue , between Clermont and Vanderbilt Avenues (Fort Greene)
- How to Get There: Take the A or C train to Lafayette Avenue, or the G train to Clinton/Washington Ave. Or, take the 2/3, 4/5, B/D/Q, M/N/R to Atlantic Avenue, walk up Hanson Place to Greene Avenue, then follow Greene Avenue 4 blocks and turn left on Clermont Avenue.
- What’s Nearby: Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Atlantic Mall
Where to Find Brooklyn Flea on Sundays in Spring, Summer, Autumn
- When: Sundays, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Rain or shine.
- Where: Next to the high rise residential complex EDGE, and near East River State Park
- How to Get There: Take the L train to Bedford Avenue, walk down North 6th Street to the East River (Williamsburg)
- What’s Nearby: Williamsburg and Greenpoint, with many bars, restaurants, shops and art galleries.
Why It's Confusing
For those who want to know why it's confusing, here's the reason: In the winter, Brooklyn Flea operates at an address called "Skylight One Hanson," also known as the historic Williamsburgh Savings Bank building (spelled with an extra "h"). This is not located in Williamsburg (name notwithstanding), but in Fort Greene. Meanwhile, from spring to autumn, Brooklyn Flea operates out of two different sites. The Sunday venue is in the neighborhood called Williamsburg (without the "h"). And, the Saturday Brooklyn Flea is held outside in a school playground in Fort Greene that's about a half-mile walk from its winter, indoor Fort Greene location. Got it?