Huge numbers of films are show in Brooklyn at various film festivals — some in unconventional locations. Here is a listing of where such festivals as the summer Rooftop Films, Red Hook Flicks and other film venues show movies, indoors and out.
Check out the calendar of outdoor summer movies in Brooklyn.
Venues for Major Outdoor Summer Movies in Brooklyn, in Alphabetical Order
1. Automotive High School (in Williamsburg, Brooklyn)The summer Rooftop Film Series is sometimes shown on the lawn of Automotive High School in Williamsburg
50 Bedford Ave. at North 13th St.
Subway: L to Bedford Ave. or G to Nassau Ave.
2. BAM Cinematek Outdoors (in Fort Greene)Rooftop Film Series and others are show in the outdoor parking lot at BAM Cinematek
Fulton Street and Ashland Place.
Subway: 2/3/4/5/B/Q to Atlantic Ave or D/M/N/R to Pacific St.
Subway: 2 to Clark Street, AC to Jay Street.
4. Coney IslandWhat's more fun that movies outdoors at Coney Island? See the schedule.
Subway: F or Q train to the West 8th Street station in Coney Island.Or, N or D trains to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station, then walk two blocks east on Surf Ave.
5. De Kalb Market (in Downtown Brooklyn)Rooftop Film Series and special events are held at this outdoor "container market," a temporary installation near the Manhattan Bridge, at 138 Willoughby St. at Flatbush Ave. (Ft. Greene/Downtown Brooklyn)
Subway:B, Q, R to Dekalb Ave.
6. Fort Greene Park (in Fort Greene)Rooftop Film Series and others are shown on the lawn at Fort Greene Park. Enter the park at Myrtle Ave. & Washington Park for the most convenient route.
7. Herbert Von King Park (in Bedford-Stuyvesant)Herbert Von King Park is bounded by Marcy Ave., Tompkins Ave., bet. Greene Ave. and Lafayette Ave.
Subway:Take the G train to Bedford-Nostrand Avenue, and walk to Lafayette Avenue.
summer Wednesday movies at McCarren Park in Williamsburg. Subway: Closest train is L train. G is not far.
9. Metrotech Commons (Downtown Brooklyn)Rooftop Film Series are shown putdoors at Metrotech Commons
Bridge St & Johnson Street in the Metrotech Mall near Brooklyn Heights and the Boro Hall subway stop.
Subway: Take the A, C, F or R Train to Jay Street Metrotech or 2, 3, 4, 5 to Borough Hall or B, Q or R to DeKalb.
Subway: Take the N or R to 86th Street.