From the article: Brooklyn Neighborhoods: A Photo Tour
Are you a Park Sloper at heart? Do you dream of living in Fort Greene? Share your favorite Brooklyn neighborhood (and tell us why you love it).
- Lived in Flatlands, played in Marine Park, and baseball in Geritsen Beach. All a long time ago but there still around.
- —Guest John Keenan
- You never mentioned Canarsie, the best place in bklyn
- —Guest John
- I love Ft. Greene. I was raised there when the area was being ignored. Everyone moved out; I also moved out later when the rich moved back and prices were too high...
- —Guest Cynthia
- Plenty of parks, museums, movies, and places to eat. I love my neighborhood.
- —Guest Blue
- I always wonder why you never mention Fort Hamilton and the old neighborhoods around 5th Ave and 50th Street! My grandparents lived there for 44 years and I grew up there. Grandpa bought the house on 50th Street as a wedding gift for his young bride. Joan H. Bouchelle
- —Guest Joan Bouchelle
- Maybe I'm biased, because it's MY nabe, but Williamsburg is where it's at! We've got art, restaurants, culture, and the L train, which rocks.
- It's a neighborhood where I feel like I can breathe. The food is fantastic, the views are some of the best in the city, and the waterfront parks are perfect for lazy afternoons in the sun.
- —Guest Lauren
- Park Slope's my favorite, mostly because of Prospect Park, the restaurants, and proximity to museums. Great architecture and history, too.
- —Guest Jake