From the article: Brooklyn's Best Pizza
Are you a Grimaldi's fan? Is it Totonno's or nothing else for you? Share your pizza stories and top picks for a perfect pie in Brooklyn.
- Of course, of course, of course, my favorite pizzeria is Grimaldi's. But the line is always SO long! I miss the days of being able to stop by for a pie without having to wait for an hour just to get inside the restaurant! Any chance that Grimaldi's will open another, less touristed location?
- —Guest Janelle
Try the Common Pizza Places
- Vic's Pizzeria Kings Highway Between W. 6th W. 7th
- —Guest stephen
- Antonio's is the best Brooklyn pizza I've tasted. It's on Flatbush near 7th Ave, next to the subway. Very flavorful, traditional-NY style pizza.
- —Guest Ellen
- What is a common pizza shop? Is that a phrase used by transplants who grew up on ketchup on english muffins? I agree with Corner being great pizza always fresh and hot. Have not had Armondos in years the best sicilians anywhere back in the day. And Original on Ave L never disappoints.
- —Guest marialisa
- Firstly, there's never a restaurant that is more important than myself, including some of these exciting pizza restaurants. If a place has an attitude and exudes the aforementioned, then I won't go back. I will never criticize one openly no matter how badly I might feel. I don't want to hamper their livelihood and they may be connected, too. That said, and I am a life-long Brooklyn resident, I urge you to go out and taste for yourself. You never know what the reviewer may be smoking. The best pizza is in the Bronx. Try any place. The closer you are to Arthur Avenue, the better. Thin crusted brick oven pizza is over rated. Try slices, anywhere. A little peck will do it. Don't love pizza more than you love yourself. You might get pimples. Eat in moderation, too. Enjoy!
- —Guest bklynu23
- In my opinion, Il Porto @ 37 Washington Ave in Brooklyn has the best pizza I've ever tasted. You've gotta try it...
- —Guest jared
- KingsHighway is the best pizza around. I dream of Phil's. Mmmmm
- —Guest Bambino
- In my opinion - an Italian guy fond of pizzas - this is the one. Not only because they are nearby (I live in Bushwick), but above all because they offer organic ingedients on top of an Italian style pizza. What's better than that?
- —Guest Daniele
L&B SPUMONI GARDENS
- Located at 2725 86th St, this 65+ year-old pizza & spumoni palace has maintained its excellence of flavor, quality,and freshness and surpasses all of the other places tried over 60 yrs of eating pizza. The squares are wonderfully light and crisp, etc. L&B's full menued restaurant (fabulous calamari) is by far the best pizza palace in Bklyn.
- —Guest frank
Del Mar's / Di Fara
- Di Fara 1514 Ave J has consistently been rated near the top of the heap in pizza throughout NY and the USA. $5 a regular slice. Del Mar's 1668 Sheepshead Bay Rd. is a local favorite for 50 years - thin crust and tasty sauce.
- —Guest Mike
- I always chuckle when I read this review. The common pizza shop in Brooklyn is better than anything on the list. Its not the shredding of the mozzarella, or growing the basil on a windows sill that matters. Its the freshness of the dough, the technique of spreading the pie crust, the sauce recipe, and most importantly TURNOVER. Pies need to be made fast and furious. Meanwhile the place on Avenue J that was listed number 2 here was shut down by the Department of Health for a long while, and the number 1 position makes pizza that tastes like cardboard and caters to tourists. Suckers... Find a corner shop you like and enjoy it. Try Originals or Armando's in Canarsie.
- —Guest mrbrklyn
- The same old names still top the list of the best of the best of brooklyn pizza. Unfortunately, you are not telling your readers the truth. Rocco's Pizza On 5th (7818 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11209) has consistantly produced great tasting pizza for 30 years and could out beat any of top 3 in a taste test.
- —Guest Joseph Loccisano
- Best pizza in Brooklyn NY is Peppino's in Park Slope Brooklyn, you gotta try this place. I can't beleive they didn't make it the first pick.
- —Guest Mario